Where to buy Republic Day parade 2019 tickets in Delhi?smriti
Republic Day parade in Delhi is one of the ‘MUST DO THINGS’ when you are in India. If you don’t know an VIP and are unable to get passes, then buy tickets. It’s totally worth it:
You should know that passes are allowed to only recognised Government officials (upto Joint Secretaries), MPs, MLA, Ministers in the Central Government or State Governments or recognised signatories. Common man cannot get passes, so no need to go for any favour, you will not be able to get any pass.
When – Tickets sale lasts on 25 January 2019
Insider tip: The tickets are on first come first serve basis. So sooner you purchase the better it is.
Location and timings:
- Departmental Sale Counters:
- Locations: North Block roundabout, Sena Bhawan (Gate No.2), Pragati Maidan (Gate No. 1, Bhairon Road), Jantar Mantar (Main Gate), Shastri Bhawan (near Gate No. 3), Jamnagar House (opposite India Gate), Red Fort (inside August 15 park and opposite Jain Temple).
|07 to 25 January||Morning -10:00 AM to 12:30 PM;|
Evening : 02:00 PM to 4:30 PM
|23 to 25 January||Sena Bhawan counter will remain open till 7:00 PM|
|23 January||The counters will open only in afternoon / evening due to dress rehearsals|
- Reserved seats – INR 500, 100 and 20.
- Mandatory requirements to purchase tickets: Aadhaar Card, Voter ID Card or government-issued identity card must be presented in order to purchase tickets.
- Tips for the Parade day:
- Mobile phones, cameras, and all other electronic devices (including remote control car keys) are not allowed.
- Arrive as early as possible as the area gets very congested with VIP traffic, and your vehicle will also most likely be stopped for security checks. All entrances are closed before the National Anthem begins.
- Its strongly recommended that you buy reserved tickets for a better spot near the stage and car parking.
- Morning will be cold so bring a jacket
Tickets are also available for the full dress rehearsal of this event at the above outlets.
Cover image: Bikramjit Ghatak