Set a style statement starting from Rs.10!smriti
We Delhiites love shopping, and literally anything and everything that can add to our fashion statement. So, this monsoon season, how about some colorful bangles to complement your truly distinct style statement. Here’s a guide to Delhi’s famous 5 markets that sell almost any colour and designs that would go with your outfit.
Churi-walan, Old Delhi: Experiment with the most beautifully carved and artistic designs at this 400 years old market of Old Delhi. You would find bangle sellers (some of whom are the second or third generation of their ancestors who made bangles for royalty) who are so pro that their suggestions have worked wonders for some most popular designers in India. Don’t be surprised if you find something that a model was wearing at one of the fashion weeks.
- Where? Churi-walan Gali , Jama Masjid, Matia Mahal, Chandni Chowk
- Timings? 10:30 AM to 9:00 PM
- Nearest metro station? Chandni Chowk, narrow lane opposite Gate No 1 of Jama Masjid.
Hanuman Mandir churi bazaar, Connaught Place,:This 300-years-old market is known to be a hub for chic and trendy ethnic bangles, with stock from almost every state of India. Acclaimed by the locals where they supply to the TV serials and even Bollywood, this flea market as a plethora of options to choose from.
- Where? Baba Kharak Singh Marg Area, Connaught Place, New Delhi
- Timings? 10:00 AM to 9:00 PM
- Nearest metro station? Rajiv Chowk
Central Market, Lajpat Nagar : Head out with patience and sneakers to the over whelming and buzzing streets of the Central market of Lajpat Nagar. You would see the street shops flooded with display of wedding bangles. Don’t be afraid and don’t feel out of place, just ask the shop keepers and they will open the Pandora’s box for you. Pick your colour, your style and your design.
- Where? Central Market, Lajpat Nagar II, Lajpat Nagar, New Delhi
- Timings? 10:30 AM to 9:30 PM
- Nearest metro station? Lajpat Nagar
Readymade waali gali, Mehrauli: This market is like a hidden gem that most of the people don’t know. There’s more than Qutab Minar and Archaeological park to this ancient place. Hit one end of the ‘Readymade waali Gali’ and look out for the Chuddiwalas. They don’t have very big establishments but the varieties will leave you speechless. From the Firozabads to the ones from Rajasthan, you name it , they have it!
- Where? Main Market, Mehrauli, New Delhi.
- Timings? 10:30 AM to 8:00 PM
- Nearest metro station? Qutub Minar
Cover image : Fahima-Karmostaji / Instagram