Go take a HIVE!smriti
Restaurant report card:
|Food & drinks||8/10|
|Décor & ambience||8/10|
|Value for money||8/10|
Ratings – on a scale of 1 to 10 (10- highest, 1 – lowest)
Why should I be here : If you are quality conscious not just for food but for drinks as well. This place serves good whiskey and vodka based cocktails. One thing which is also good that they don’t use cheap liquor which is not the case everywhere. They use brands such as the likes of Absolute and Grey Goose only.
Let’s start with the good things first
Food & drinks: We tried a combination of starters and main course, and were too full to try deserts. In the starters- we tried Archini, Naan pizza and Crispy chicken croquettes; in the mains we had the Juicy Lamb Burger. From the drinks menu we had Mint Julep, Whiskey Sour and Cocum hive. Just so you know, their food USP is European and Mediterranean dishes with a mix of Indian fusion.
Décor : Lower level is in a cheerful cafe style and the upper level is the pub-cum lounge area with aesthetic, monocycle bar stools and chic industrial furniture.
Not so good: There’s nothing in particular , however there are few things that could be better:
- Service: Their staff is quite trained and their chef is very simple and sweet but you might have to wait a little longer than you anticipate.
- If you have a soft corner for Moonshine Café in HKV then you might love this place. Lawyer Abhinav Mathur is one of the owners of Hive, also has ‘Moonshine café’ as his claim to fame. So, experience counts.
- If HKV gets crazy with parking problems, is overcrowded or you want to do something different, then you can come by. But mind you this place could eventually become your first choice.
- Right now they are running a promotional discount for the Green Park residents, so if you are one then drop in with an address proof.
- During day you can be here to grab some tasty bites and use free wi-fi. This can be your ‘work from home’ location. Towards the evening, this place turns into an absolute hip night pub.
- Where: S-27, 3rd Floor, Green Park Main Market
- Landmark : above Fab India
- Nearest Metro Station: Green Park
- Timings: 11:00 AM to 01:00 AM
- Price: INR 1500 for two (approx.)