Top 5 Diwali mela to visit this year!smriti
Diwali is one of India’s most celebrated festivals. Lights, fireworks, rangoli and candles are just few signs. The joy of Diwali gets even more exciting with ‘mela’ in the city. Here’s a quick list of few Diwali mela you can’t afford to miss if you are in Delhi region this festive season:
- Blind School Diwali Mela: It’s a moment of pride and admiration when you see the huge collection of diyas and candles (made by blind school students) along with other crafts and Diwali decorations that are available at the mela. Organised annually by the Blind School Relief Association in New Delhi, this Diwali Mela has always had a special place in my heart. The unique handicrafts, décor items, good food , pottery , diyas laid out at the stalls never fail to amaze its visitors.
- Where: Blind school grounds, Lodhi Road, LalBhadur Shastri Marg (near Oberoi hotel), New Delhi.
- When: 21 to 27 October 2016
- Timings: 10:30 AM to 8:00 PM
- Entry fee: Free.
2. Sunder Nagar Diwali Mela :It’s been there enhancing the spirit of Diwali for over 50 years now. Pay a visit for sumptuous festive delicacies especially ‘Dilli ki Chaat’and chuskis, classic diyas (earthen lamps) , paintings, handicrafts, giant Ferris Wheel, magic shows gamut of and more.
- Where: Colony Park, Near Delhi Public School, Sunder Nagar
- When: 17 to 19 October 2016
- Timings : 4:00 PM to 11:00 PM
- Entry fee: Rs. 100 per person.
3. Dastkar Diwali mela: The Dastkar Diwali mela offers a wide range of state of art quality crafts, handlooms and contemporary designed things. Since 1982, this fair showcases works of craftspeople and artisans from over 22 states selling their works and crafts items.
- Where: Kisan Haat , Andheria modh, Near Chhattarpur Metro Station, New Delhi.
- When: 13 to 26 October 2016
- Timings: 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM
- Entry fee: Rs. 20 per person.
4. Select city Diwali bazaar: As the location speaks for itself, it’s a mela in the mall. It’s a bit high-end affair that showcases elite and luxurious Diwali gifting stuff, apparels, jewelery, accessories etc.
- Where: First floor balcony, Select City Walk, Saket, New Delhi
- When: 12th – 16th October 2016
- Timings: 11:00 am to 10:00 pm
- Entry fee: Free
5. Dilli Haat Mela: Officially known as Meri Dilli Utsav lures its visitors with lifestyle products, interesting games, decorative things, handicrafts, clothing, jewellery and food. The Meri Dilli Utsav will also have musical and cultural activities across mela days by renowned celebrities.
- Where: Dilli Haat, Pitampura, New Delhi.
- When: 21st October till Diwali
- Timings: 10:30 AM to 9:00 PM
- Entry fee: Rs. 20 per person
So, get ready to experience the festival of lights in delhiwalla style!