Top 5 things to do this Christmas!smriti
Delhi gets into its favourite winter season and so does celebrations. Here are some list of must do things this Christmas:
Visit the German Christmas mela: It’s one the legendary and most talked about Christmas Mela in Delhi. Organised by the Indo-German Chamber of Commerce every year is a must of visit for buying some classy stuff, feasting on Christmas special dishes, live music and much more.
- Where: German House, 2 Nyay Marg, Chankyapuri, New Delhi.
- When: 5 & 6 December 2015
- Timings: 11:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Entry Fee: 350 per person, free for children below 12 years.
- For further details: Click here
Enjoy the ‘Canadian Christmas at Taj’:In association with the High Commission of Canada in India, the Taj Palace hotel is offering authentic Canadian speciality menu to celebrate Christmas in Canadian style. The executive chefs Cutis Pintye from Canada and Chef Rajesh Wadhwa of Taj are together creating Canadian magic in Delhi.
- Where: Café Fotana, The Taj Palace, Sardar Patel Marg, Diplomatic Enclave, New Delhi.
- When: 11 – 20 December 2015
- For further details: watch out for CanadainIndia Facebook page.
Go traditional: Imbibe yourself in the traditional Christmas feeling with the beautiful Delhi churches and sing the Christmas carols. Your can begin from the Sacred Heart Cathedral, St. James’ Church, Cathedral Church of Redemption, St. Stephens Church and others. They are absolutely stunning and are usually decorated with bright lights and shining stars. Visit CCM’s December concerts which come around Christmas.
- Where, When & timings: Multiple locations.
- For further details visit their Facebook page
- Entry Fee: Free
Visit the malls: Shopping malls in Delhi are a must visit during festive season. In addition to heavy shopping promotions, special menus and food festivals, they are beautifully decorated to absorb you in the celebration mood. There are some special selfie points and photo-op spots that help you create memories of lifetime.
- Where: Select city walk, Ambience Mall Vasant Kunj, DLF Promenade, Emporio
- When: Any day of the week
- Timings: 10:00 AM – 11:00 PM (the usual mall timings)
- Entry Fee: No fee
Fly out: If you wish to enjoy your Christmas vacation then Scandinavian Christmas markets and Winter Vacations are the trendy locations of the season. It’s a paradise for lovers of both nature and urban lifestyle. Famous breath-taking fjords, spectacular landscape, rich heritage, and Nordic gastronomy, Scandinavia includes three wonderful countries of Denmark, Sweden and Norway. The region is bestowed with splendid architecture, vibrant night life and an amazing experience of old as well as contemporary ambience and cultural experience.
- For further details: please read: http://www.visitnorway.com , http://www.visitcopenhagen.com and https://sweden.se